|Neighborhood Forecasts are now the default forecast type on our website. What does this mean to you?
For several months now we at the NWS Miami South Florida Forecast Office has provided you a choice of preferred forecast type by clicking on one of four tabs before you click on the map to get your forecast. These include the following:
- County Zone Forecast: the traditional National Weather Service forecast generally covering and area the size of a county or group of counties where the weather is similar. This product is useful for the media or anyone concerned with the weather over an area larger than just their immediate neighborhood such as people who work near the coast and live inland. This forecast provides a general look at the expected conditions across the area. This is no longer the default forecast type.
- Neighborhood Forecast (°F): We know the weather at the beaches can be much different from inland locations. In the winter temperatures can vary by as much as 30 degrees over just 20 miles. In the summertime, it can be sunny at the beaches with thunderstorms over the interior. Thats why we now offer the neighborhood forecast. It provides a detailed look at the expected conditions for a specific location. This is now the default forecast type.
- Neighborhood Forecast (°C): Our forecasts are available in degrees Fahrenheit (°F) and degrees Celcius (°C) to accomodate our many visitors and residents from around the world.
- Hourly Weather Graph: A graph depicting the forecast for each hour of the day for the next several days. There are various options, so check it out!
- ? : Clicking on the question mark tab will provide you with more information about our point forecasts, and how we create them.
Tell us what you think about our new forecasts by e-mailing our webmaster at email@example.com